Sunday, November 28, 2010

Street Art in SF





I got back from San Francisco last night and got to see a lot of the city this trip.  I spent the weekend with my sister and I had an amazing time, could be a future home for myself, who knows though.  Part of the fun of this trip was as I walked around the various districts, I happened across 3 Banksy wall pieces all in the same spot.  My jaw dropped slightly as I have never seen his stuff in person.  The thrill wasn't so much in the pieces themselves, but more in the treasure hunting aspect of this.  When I was a younger gent, my Dad took me down to the beach on low tide days to hunt for shark's teeth in the rocks.  I became a nautral at finding these elusive objects which were sometime only a shard of a tooth.  Finding a whole one was rare, but that only stoked the fire.  I digress.  After spotting these pieces, I had my radar going all of the time.  So much so that I found another Banksy piece in Chinatown.  Although I didnt find any others by him, I did come across quite a bit of PEZ's work as well as a variety of street art in the Mission District.  Definitely going back again soon to do some more hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment